If you want to ride anything bigger than a 50cc moped, you will need a provisional motorcycle licence. There are different rules for licence requirements if you have passed a car test – click here for more information.

You will need to pass both a theory test and the practical motorcycle tests before you can get a full motorcycle licence. The practical test is broken up into an off road element (module one test) and the on road element (module two test). Click below for detailed information about the costs, the timescales and what is included in the tests:

Theory Test information

Practical Test

We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. Our website includes also third parties' cookies. If you want to find out more about the cookies we use and how to disable them, you can access our Cookie Policy. By continuing your visit on the website, you consent to the use of the cookies.